Sports Premium Funding
- We are using the Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision in the following ways.
- We use the funding to support regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages. We continue to be a part of our Local Sports Partnership which has given our pupils the opportunity to participate in a range of sporting activities and competitions.
- We invest in high quality CPD for staff to ensure children receive a high level of teaching throughout their time at Valley Road Academy.
- We invest in high-quality visiting sports coaches to run clubs, competitions, and to increase pupils’ participation in in-school and inter-school games competitions. We provide after-school sport clubs.
- We work with Farringdon Academy, The Tennis Centre, AP coaching, Raich Carter coaches and Active Families North East to provide high-quality coaching in a range of sports.
- Our different sports clubs are lots of fun and we try to provide signposting to clubs outside of school to develop these skills further.
- Our Key Stage 2 children swim at Farringdon Academy (due to covid restrictions). We greatly value this, because not only does it provide us with access to high-quality swimming facilities but teaches children a vital life skill.
- Year 5 and 6 children take part in military bootcamp at East Durham Fitness Centre. Not only does this improve their fitness it also gives them opportunities to try more adventurous sports.
Click here for 2020 - 2021 School Sports Premium Overview
Click here for 2019 - 2020 School Sports Premium Overview
Click here for 2018 -2019 School Sports Premium Overview
Click here for 2016 -2017 School Sports Premium Overview
Click here for 2014-2015 Sports Premium Funding Portfolio