Hi, my name Sheila Robins and I am subject lead for Computing.
Computing is an integral part of the National Curriculum and is a key skill for everyday life. Computers, iPads, programmable robots, digital and video cameras are some tools that can be used to acquire, organise, store, manipulate, interpret, communicate and present information. We have a structured approach to computing, so children acquire and build on their skills throughout school. This enables them to become ‘Computing Proficient’.
- To provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable Computing curriculum for all pupils.
- To meet the requirements of the National Curriculum programmes of study for Computing.
- To use Computing as a tool to enhance learning throughout the curriculum.
- To respond to new developments in technology.
- To equip pupils with the confidence and capability to use Computing throughout their later life.
- To enhance learning in other areas of the curriculum using Computational Skills.
- To develop an understanding of how to use Computing safely and responsibly.
Priorities for this academic year
At Valley Road Academy we strive to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Computing. This year, we have invested in good quality resources and equipment to support the delivery of Computer Science. Here are some of our pupils developing their understanding of Computer Science, in a variety of ways.