Our topic this term is 'Fire'.
We visited the fire pit with Mrs Curle!
We also went to Sunderland Central Community Fire Station.
Our grown ups came in to school to help us make models of the houses from The Great Fire of London time.
We watched the video with Penguin and Smartie.
We thought about what to do if we see unkind messages and pictures.
- Block the user and remove them as a friend so they no longer see those types of messages from that person.
- Report the message to the site.
- Say something positive about that person to support them.
- Make sure they don't join in and say nasty things too.
- Tell a trusted adult who can then help the person who received those messages.
We thought of kind things to say to each other.
We also looked at different emojis and thought about how they made us feel.
The Sunderland Water Safety Team came into school to teach us the Water Safety Code and how to stay safe when near water.
In Literacy we have been learning how to write instructions. We followed a set of instruction to make a rocket - we had great fun flying them outside.
Our grown ups came in to school for an Easter craft afternoon.
Key Stage 1 took part in a sports festival at Silksworth Sports Centre. We had lots of fun and learnt lots of new skills.